ShipSure’s Leading Environmental Digital Record-keeping
V.Group continues to identify and adopt best practices, supporting our clients in real-time monitoring and tracking of safety and environmental data through our ShipSure digital platform. This is especially true within the ever-changing and increasingly complex area of environmental compliance.
V.Group’s ShipSure ship management digital platform has made significant progress in providing vessel data transparency to our clients, by way of the development, approval and deployment of a new generation of e-Log books. We are now able to further extend our e-Logs to include environmental record-keeping.
Under the provision of MEPC 312 (74) we are now able to offer our Environmental e-Log book, which is fully compliant with the requirements of the International Convention for Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) and Technical Code on Control or Emissions of Nitrogen Oxides from Marine Diesel Engines (NOx Technical Code 2008) with type approval to replace the following paper records:
- Oil Record Book Part I (Machinery Space Operations) (MARPOL Annex I, Regulation 17.1)
- Oil Record Book Part II (Cargo/Ballast Operations) (MARPOL Annex I, Regulation 36.1)
- Cargo Record Book (MARPOL Annex II, Regulation 15.1)
- Garbage Record Book, Part I and Part II (MARPOL Annex V, Regulation 10.3)
- Ozone Depleting Substances Record Book (MARPOL Annex VI, Regulation 12.6)
- Record of Tier and On/Off Status of Marine Diesel Engines (MARPOL Annex VI, Regulation 13.5.3)
- Record of Fuel Oil Change Over (MARPOL Annex VI, Regulation 14.6)
- Record of Engine Parameters (NOx Technical Code, Paragraph 220.127.116.11)
The e-Log book will be made available to our vessels in March 2022 for onboard implementation – subject to individual Flag State approval. Several Flag State approvals are already in place, including the Marshall Islands, enabling immediate adoption and approval processes are underway with our other Flag States. As with every new product, roll out and implementation will be managed by our robust management of change process.
Global Head of HSSEQ, Mike Bradshaw, supports this latest development: “Having access to e-Log books will enhance our assurance monitoring for statutory MARPOL compliance. All data is stored safely and readily accessible by the shore team, as well as being easily auditable, either on board or through remote auditing practices. Furthermore, this allows us to capture key performance data that would otherwise only exist in paper records onboard. This enhanced visibility facilitates improved monitoring of machinery parameters, performance, and any maintenance requirements.