Belships and V. announce strategic partnership
Belships ASA and V.Group are pleased to announce a strategic partnership related to Belships’ fleet and ship management business.
- Belships Management (Singapore), a technical and crewing management company established in 1983, currently manages dry bulk vessels for Belships ASA and other international clients.
- The Belships Management (Singapore) organisation will be integrated into V.Group, forming an industry-leading centre of expertise for dry bulk operations.
- Belships Management (Singapore), now as part of V.Group, will continue to be the sole provider of ship management services to Belships ASA, leveraging V.Group’s unique and fully scalable ship management platform.
- V.Group will also be providing a range of marine services, digitalisation and decarbonisation solutions for the benefit of all current and future managed vessels.
- The partnership was formalised on 30th June, 2023.
Lars Christian Skarsgård, CEO of Belships ASA, said: “We are thrilled to join forces with V.Group with the aim to create world-class management of our fleet. Through this partnership, we will benefit from V.’s global reach, accelerated digitalisation and decarbonisation capabilities, and create the flexibility to scale our fleet. Additionally, we will maintain the expertise and dedicated operational personnel that we have built over the years.”
René Kofod-Olsen, Chief Executive Officer of V.Group, said: “This strategic agreement is another big milestone for V.Group, and we are humbled that Belships – one of the most respected maritime names with over 100 years in shipping – has entrusted us with the management and servicing of their fleet. This agreement is a major step in our strategy of partnering with first-time outsourcers among blue-chip vessel owners. Our goal is to be ‘the committed partner of progress for everything at sea’, and we look forward to partnering with Belships as they continue to grow their business.”
About V.Group: V.Group is a leading global ship management and marine solutions provider serving c. 3,500 vessels across its portfolio, with c. 3,000 colleagues based across 30 countries globally, supporting over 44,000 personnel in marine and offshore roles. For further details, visit www.v.group.
About Belships ASA (OSE: BELCO): Founded in 1918, Belships is a Norwegian shipping company listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and is a shipowner and operator of dry bulk carriers. Including four newbuildings to be delivered between 2024-2026, the fleet consists of 34 modern Supra/Ultramax bulk carriers. For further details, visit our website www.belships.com.