Since formation, the Group has increased the range of ship management and related services offered to the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence industries and expanded its network of offices to become a leading maritime outsourcing group of companies.
V.Group’s primary customers are ship and other asset owners who deploy their assets worldwide. These assets include tankers, bulk carriers, gas carriers, chemical tankers, FSOs/FPSOs, containerships, cruise ships, ferries and super yachts.
V.Group has grown primarily through organic growth but also by selected acquisitions. The latter include BGI in 1999, Acomarit in 2001, Martinoli in 2004, UMC in 2005, RC Consultants in 2006, ITM in 2009 and Bibby Ship Management in 2016.
A significant minority stake in V.Group is owned by senior management shareholders with the majority of shares owned by OMERS Private Equity, the private equity arm of the Canadian pension fund.
Further information on the Group’s vision, goals, culture, organization, governance and core operating processes is presented in the V.Group Operating Framework.
Our Shared Values are:
- Safety: in every situation safety always comes first
- Teamwork: we support and learn from each other
- Personalised services: our flexible personalised services meet our customer's individual needs
- Creating value: we create value for our customers and in doing so attractive returns for our shareholders
- Accountability: we see a job through from start to finish
- Transparency: we are always open, honest and clear